Thursday, May 15, 2014

One smasher, one viewer but no sweet toother...

The boys are ONE and what better way to celebrate their birthday than with a smash cake....just one of the fun things we planned for their special day!

We started the morning out with lots of questions from Kyleigh now that the boys are one, she was so interested and curious to know what being one means....

   "can they talk now?"
   "can they walk now?"
   "can they get dressed on their own now?"

While I did my best to explain to Kyleigh, we spent the morning inside eating breakfast and then playing around.  During the boys morning nap Kyleigh and I got to work making 2 cakes, one for each of her brothers.  We decided to make a baseball cake to get us in the mood for their upcoming party.

Caleb LOVED getting his hands dirty and smashing the cake but had no interest in eating it, Christian didn't want to get dirty but took a few small calculated bites.  Next up was the clean-up, I volunteered to give the boys their baths while Scott focused on the floor.  After their bath a little impromptu dance party to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with their sister Kyleigh, a family bike ride and then out to dinner.  All in all a great day celebrating our boys.











Next up a post on the boys party!  We had such an amazing time with our family I don't know where to begin:-)