Funny how my to-do list has changed so drastically. Even more so the second time around, with twins and a 2 1/2 year old! Client projects, budget management and presentation writing use to consume my day. The last 10 weeks has changed to feedings every 3 hours (sometimes 2), broken sleep, daily laundry, cleaning and of course lots of cuddling with my babies and little girl. Such a different world during maternity leave, most days I can't keep my head on straight....but I would not trade this time I get to spend with my family for the world.
Even though I'm not nearly complete going through everything....I have been having so much fun reminiscing our journey to a family of FIVE! Everything happened so fast it is fun to take a step back and remember the special time we all had:)
___
I will never forget the September morning we had our 2nd doctor appointment and found out that we were having twins....such a memorable day that hours later it just so happened we had our family photo scheduled (from a few months prior). Crazy enough our photographer {Kelly Vanderploeg} mentioned how she had twin baby boys at home. While we just found out twins were in our future as well, little did we know that we were also having twin boys!
While Scott and I absorbed the news we held out a bit announcing to our family and friends. It was likely the worst kept secret as I literally started showing around 10 weeks and we waited until about 16 weeks to share the news with everyone. Most figured out the secret of a pregnancy, but we were still able to surprise everyone with the twin news! Scott, came up with a cute saying that we sent out right before Christmas. "There was a time when it was just me, but come May there will now be 3".
This pregnancy I wasn't planning on finding out the gender, but Scott would not have it any other way. Given the doctor told us Kyleigh was a boy then girl I figured it might still be a surprise for me? Either way I gave in figuring with two babies it might help me prepare things more. And there it was, the ultrasound tech gave us the best news of all - 2 boys!
We had a lot of fun sharing the news with everyone and made it special for Kyleigh by dressing her up in her favorite outfit with a bouquet of blue balloons to get her excited for her soon to be baby brothers. To this day Kyleigh still remembers that cold January afternoon...and that is when her love for the brothers started.
When I was pregnant with Kyleigh we were great about taking photos of my growing belly every week or so, with the boys, I was a little more difficult as we had a cutie toddler we were chasing after most of the time! Below is my first prego picture at 18 weeks. We tried to get Kyleigh to pose with me...but she would much rather run off and play. We still found a way to sneak in the shot!
One of the things I really wanted to do was take a few photos of our family before the babies arrived. I wanted to pick a spot that I could replicate after the babies were born in hopes that we would remember to come back and take the photo (scroll to the bottom)! Scott took most of the photos and thanks to my mom for taking the pictures of all 3 of us!
January ~ 5 1/2 months
As my belly was growing Kyleigh took a lot of interest in it...so we could not help but take this mommy daughter shot....I'm normally not one for belly photos, but thought it added to the perfect memory at 7 months.
At 9 months I figured it was time Kyleigh should wear her "Big Sister" shirt....the only thing is you can't see it in any of the photos...oh well. Patty Cake and cuddles was more important!
Unfortunately this photo is a little out of focus, but we will always remember this photo as our last family picture of 3...days prior to delivery!



















